Bluenoser Savings

Bluenoser Savings

Monday, June 6, 2011

Who needs to go on Vacation when I have the scent of Febreze Brazilian Spray filling up my kitchen...


....It makes me feel like I'm already in Brazil!......Ok no, not really it's a poor substitute for the real thing...happy?!....but it smells nice...and even better I got it with coupons! Oh yes I did, I trudged through the pouring rain and picked me up some deals.

Before heading in to town my boyfriend and I went to our local Foodland and found some great deals to use with our or should I say my coupons hehe. Ocean Spray Cranberry juice was on sale for $2.49 which is really really good since it's normally $4.99 a jug! I had a $1.00 off coupon from a recent trade and got it for $1.49! Do I like Ocean Spray Cranberry juice? I do now! As well Kraft Shredded Cheese is on sale for $3.99. If you have the save.ca coupon for $1.00 off you can get it for $2.99 like I did. Love it!
I made a stop at Walmart and picked up 3 cans of Febreze Room Sprays. They were on sale for $3.00 each. I had a very good coupon from brandsaver.ca that took an extra $4.00 off WUB 3 Febreze products so I ended up paying only $5.00 for all three. I essentially only paid $1.67 for each which is fantastic considering they usually cost about $5.00 for one of those. They also had Crispers on for a buck as well at the front of the store. There's that word again...buck! Love how it falls off the tongue...

At Sobeys they have Dr. Oetker Panebella pizza on for $4.49. Received a handy $1.00 off coupon for this particular pizza in one of my latest trades and got it for $3.49! Gonna taste really good after that buy! However I made a rookie mistake today when I purchased an Ole El Paso Taco Kit....which is Ok since I am a rookie at this couponing thang! I saw in the flyer that the kits were on sale for $3.99. I thought that was a good deal so I went searching for them and on the shelf I see a price alert showing the kits for $2.99.! This is an even better deal I thought since I had a $1.00 off coupon from save.ca and it would bring it down to $1.99. So me being the eager beaver I grabbed one since it was kind of above the $2.99 sign, paid for it and then looked at my receipt and it only said $3.99 (which is still a good price since they are normally $4.49 or $4.99). I asked the cashier about it and she said that they are only on for $3.99. I said alright, but not being satisfied with the answer I went back to see for myself that I wasn't hallucinating...Sure enough, there it was staring me in the face...$2.99! I go to customer service...yes I went to customer service about this, that's what they are there for...and asked WTF!!!! Well not really that but I kindly inquired as to the correct pricing of the item. She called someone and they said that it was only for a particular kind of kit which I did not check before hand. I guess it was for the very basic taco kit. The one I picked up was the Taco kit with hard and soft shells. So lesson learned. Always read your flyer, price alerts, and coupons correctly! Needless to say I slumped out of Sobeys defeated....well not really...it was only a dollar...but still...I'm over it...

To cheer myself I purchased some lovely summer attire for my wardrobe. A cute little black frilly top and a summery green dress...each $12.00 at Giant Tiger! They actually have very cute clothing in there if no one has discovered this yet. I could dare to compare them to Joe Fresh but lets just wait and see how long they last before I give them that classification.

Finally, I went to Pharmasave and got paper towel on for $0.69. It's the Majesta brand so it's worth it to pick up a couple packages.

It wasn't one of my better shopping trips but as I said before, I've still got my training wheels on here for this whole coupon process. I'm sure as time goes on I will get better at picking out my deals, maybe even sniffing them out...Can you train a bloodhound to sniff out savings? Cause if so it's time to go to the SPCA...again




No comments:

Post a Comment